Monday, July 6, 2009

sweet summer

Hi, friends...lots to catch up on here! I've been MIA from Birmingham for about a month and with limited cell/internet access, so I feel like I've been in a black hole for a long time now. I've been blissfully unaware of all things CNN, cellphone and Foxnews, and it's been wonderful.

As you may know, I've not had a camera since I accidentally threw mine into a river in North Carolina awhile back, so I am dependent upon others to send pictures of the past month's jaunts. I have a few from the week at the beach with my family a couple of weeks ago - the ones I have are mostly of or with Nita, so I'll just post a few.

Check her out:Little butterball of goodness, that Nita Pita...

Dad and I went kayaking

The week was so relaxing - good times with family, the Skinners, Kate Graham, and dear Varner Stewart, who came also.

I just got back last night from Crooked Creek Ranch in Frasier, Colorado where I went to a YoungLife camp with five high school girls from Restoration Academy in Fairfield (linked on my "favorite places" sidebar if you care to read about the school -- it's awesome) and Homewood High School's YoungLife team.

I'm waiting on pictures from the week - I don't even want to try to do it justice with just words. Everything about the whole week was beautiful - the mountains, hikes, woods, weather, music, and especially these girls and new friendships.

As soon as I get my hands on some pictures, I'll post more about it...

Happy late 4th!!

4 comments:

Meaghan said...

Glad you are having a fun summer! That second pic of you and Nita is THE CUTEST!!

AnnaLittle said...

That pic of you and the baby = adorable. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Claire, I've thought this many times, but your life makes me tired. Love ya, Mrs. K

mary straton said...

yay i am glad you are back.