Monday, February 9, 2009

musical morsels, etc.

***UPDATE***If you want the email, make sure to leave your email address! I do not have updated email addresses for many of you.

Good morning, friends! I'm writing again from work - computer is still sick. I have just a few things.

1. Every so often, I come across what I refer to as a musical morsel of goodness. Contrary to its term, such a morsel is not necessarily good music; rather there is something about it that manages to transcend time and space in a manner that little else can.

One of the things that I can't stand is when an artist mixes talking with singing in a song. I think it's just tacky, and usually a mark of the untalented (do you hear me, kenny chesney?) But yesterday I came across, for the first time in years, Boyz II Men's (is it boys with a z? I can't remember -- also a mark of the untalented, though I think these fellas are quite talented if I do say so myself) The End of the Road.

Folks, if you haven't heard this one in awhile, I implore you - go give it a listen. The intermittent talking just can't be beat. I had to pull over in the Target parking lot I was laughing so hard. This, readers, is what I mean by a musical morsel of goodness. And if you can't find your old CD, then yes, it is worth a 99 cent download from iTunes. Please trust me.

2. This one is for LT. I got a text from her last night letting me know that Sugarland, the worst country group ever, won a grammy. She says that this proves how talented they are. I just want to throw out there, regarding your previous blog poll, that Vince Gill has won several grammys. Not to start a public debate or anything. I'm just sayin.

3. Several of you have asked me to post about the DC trip, and while I had every intention of doing that as soon as my computer gets healed, I've had time to rethink the risks involved. For obvious reasons, a blog post on the trip would have to be highly censored. And trust me, you want the uncensored version.

So, I've decided to compose one email to recap the joy, wonder, madness, and glory of the voyage and send it to any readers who want the details. This way, I can include pictures as well. If you would like to read about it, just leave a comment on this post and include your email address. I'll send it to you as soon as I finish writing.

Happy Monday!

19 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

here's where you're wrong AGAIN. i can admit that even though i do not LIKE vince gill, he is talented. i mean, not many men can sing soprano like that.

i have no problem with you not liking sugarland. while i think you're exaggerrating when you say "worst group ever," i think that you should admit that they ARE talented even though you don't like them.
i will also have you know that my george talks in his song "so good in love." it only makes the song better, and in my opinion, it adds a little sexiness to the song. :)

sometimes i wonder how i can be friends with you. :) ( i do get to see you this weekend and i'm already about to wet myself in excitement!)

mary straton said...

i can't even talk about kenny chesney. he is essentially all that is wrong with the world. ok, a little dramatic, but no one really thinks a tractor is sexy.

and if you don't include me in the dc email, i will hunt you down like a wild animal.

Tricia said...

triciabutts@gmail.com

Sarah Smith said...

how can you not like Sugarland! they are so fun. you need to see them in concert - you will change your mind.

i don't like Kenny or Vince either...but Boyz II Men...totally different story!

The Kosko Family said...

every time i read your blog, i laugh my fanny off.....

adteacher said...

I can't really get involved in the country music debate because I lump the entire genre into my personal "worst music ever" category.

I better be getting that DC email..and soon!

LWolfe said...

these eyes will not shut until the DC email is in my inbox!

Jennifer and Kyle York said...

I would love to get the e-mail! It's Jenniferh17@gmail.com. Oh, and I could not agree more about Sugarland. And Vince Gill. Kyle and I are about to be enlightened by the talk-singing in End of the Road. Miss you.

LWolfe said...

mlcwolfe@yahoo.com

wdt said...

Oh! I want the email! AND a phone call! Please. =)

wdt said...

Dang, I pretty much ALWAYS follow directions (as you know), but missed this one detail:

And my email address is:
wendydtabor@gmail.com

adteacher said...

annafduggan@yahoo.com

Marty said...

martylcooper@gmail.com

LT (and Max) said...

i mean, i just ASSUME i don't have to leave my email address as you instructed. but just in case--

LLTomlinson@hotmail.com (as if you don't know)

i better get the email.

haileyrenea said...

have you already sent the email?

i want it.

Obuff said...

I want the email Claire!!

Oliviabuffington@gmail.com

Hope you are well!! I am helping your mom and Kat paint baby girl's nursery this weekend! Yay!

Meaghan said...

I've got to be on the distribution list!!

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

don't forget about me! i want that email.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

send it here:

redwoodemily@gmail.com

this is better than the hotmail address, bc i will get an instant notification on my phone when it arrives. and i can't wait for this email.

also, i love kenny chesney. granted, i find nothing sexy about a tractor, and i have not listened to any of his music in a few years, but in high school, forget about it. i was totally obsessed.