Friday, January 28, 2011

hope that conquers fear

As I type, my oldest friend in all the world is having surgery to map/remove/test lymph nodes and remove melanoma cancer cells. So as I sit here in the McWane Science Center watching 35 13 year olds run around like lunatics in a play area that they are entirely too old for, my mind is entirely somewhere else.
I know and Meredith knows that our Lord is sovereign, that He is faithful, and that He is just as good today as He was the day he rescued us by giving us his very life.
Even still, I am afraid. Fear is a beast, isn't it?
The very thought of Mere being sick or hurting or a single cancer cell lurking in her body has every cell in my body tensed and terrified.
Thankfully, the one in whom we put our hope is also the one who crafted our every cell and who holds all things together, working them together for Mere's good, for our good.
An oldie but goodie from yesteryear.

Because this will make Mere giggle. Sorry Ya.

My new favorite picture of Nita & me. Just because.

1 comment:

LT (and Max) said...

1. delete that picture of me.
now.


2. the pic of nita is so freaking cute. heather said nita and jones played today. preciousness!

3. i'm ready to go see mere in tx again.