Yep. Still here. In short, here's the latest:
1. Dodging lightning bolts and straight line winds at least once a week
2. Starting a new skincare regimen (I didn't really have one before? Oh. That is correct.) because my derm said these horrifying words to me, "You know, you're nearly 30...it's time for you to think about aging when you pick skin products."
3. Mad Men, seasons 1-4 Not sure how much this is worth since I don't watch much TV at all, but I'll make the claim that this show has the best cast of characters of any show in the past three decades at least.
4. As usual, the wrangling of many 12- year-olds I'm trying very hard to really enjoy these personalities these last few weeks. Five and one day, to be exact.
5. Virtual conference webinar series Five things to say about this: 1) huge headphones 2) web cam 3) national viewership 4) adhesive mustache 5) I am in WAY over my head
6. Frozen dinners Mostly as a result of #5. I feel very icky health-wise.
7. Birthdays! Holly & Nita both had birthdays this month, and we celebrated last weekend. So fun.

I think Nita looks a little like a Who in this picture

The birthday girls
8. Summer reading list Sadly, I don't do much recreational reading from August-May so I try to pack in a lot of good reads during the summer weeks. I'm working on my list for this summer and I plan to kick off the reading a little early this year. I'll be back soon with my completed list.
In the meantime, have you read anything really good lately? I'd love some recommendations!
1 comment:
I bet you've read The Color of Water by James McBride before. If not, YOU WILL LOVE IT. I did.
Post a Comment