Well...after a lengthy blogger sabbatical, I've decided to return. I don't know that I can keep up with the complexity of the blogs of 2007, but I'll give it my best shot. Hmmm...where to start? Most of the people who will ever read this are people I see or talk to anyway, so I probably won't write anything on here that you haven't already or won't soon hear.Just in case I haven't talked to some of you in a realllllly long time, I moved to Birmingham in August and have been teaching middle school English in city schools. I'm pretty sure it will be the death of me, but at least I'll die happy. I really do love it. I live in a house with three fantastic roommates: Courtney, Michelle, and Kate. See picture. This was taken at our Homewood "Family Christmas" dinner we had with some dear friends who live in a house just a stone's throw from us. Our two houses exchanged stockings, and I got a jello molded stapler in mine. Ripe.
Life is good. Living in Birmingham is better than I ever thought it would be. I live in the basement of our house, which allows my two bats the freedom to fly around and not bother my roommates. Besides being cold, dark and damp, living down here is ideal. The bats get quality sleep, and my roommates unlock the door and let me come upstairs sometimes.
It's late, and I need sleep tonight.
1 comment:
woo hoo!!!
Post a Comment