Thursday, January 29, 2009

blogging delay and two very big announcements!

Normally if I ever have a week like last week, I would have blogged about it long before now. But my computer at home seems to have caught a nasty virus, so until I can find a way to get that fixed, I'm limited to school computer use.

So this post is just to say that yes, I did return from DC unscathed with many a tale to tell. All I can say now is that it was ONE FOR THE BOOKS. On MANY levels. Three words will have to do for now: Sequined Obama handpuppets.

There are just a couple of things right now that cannot wait for the virus to be cured, so I am blogging from school.

Two BIG congratulations -

1. Dear friends Hunter and Emily Jones had their baby boy, William Woodrow, IV, on January 20. He is an absolute doll, as you can see. I think he looks like Hunter, but that may be because I think I've seen Hunter make that face. Head on over to their blog to see more pictures and offer your congrats!


2. Also dear friends Stik Dixon and Katie Fanning tied the knot this past weekend! Their wedding was beautiful and all the festivities a great time. I don't have pictures on hand to share, but check out Stik's blog for future updates and photos. They're on their honeymoon right now in the Dominican Republic. Congratulations Dixons! I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

That's all I have time for right now, sadly. Still so much more to share. Hope you're all well. The weekend's almost here! I'm looking forward to it more than cowtails on a hot summer day.

4 comments:

adteacher said...

Umm..don't leave me hanging like this...all we get is "sequined Obama handpuppets"??? More please! I can't imagine the stories you have. By the way, one of mine was sent home today for hitting FIFTH graders...who does the 5 year old think she is??

mary straton said...

cannot wait to hear your tales.

miss you like junior mints.

Meaghan said...

Hurry and post the DC tales!!

Tassie said...

ummmm......do you really have sequinned Obama handpuppets? I would so love to see those!