You should know that I had the summer job of a lifetime lined up - I was going to supervise an internship for high school students called the Young Water Ambassadors. They work as "leak detectives" for the Bham Water Works, and my job would have been to teach them about water conservation, hydrology, and leak repair. Field trips down the Cahaba, goggles and a lab coat...the perks are endless. Not to mention the fact that, technically, my boss would have been the one and only Mayor Larry Langford. (Click here to read a golden article to get more on the burlap, and here to read an even more hilarious yet sacreligious bit)
You might be wondering what business I have supervising ANYONE on matters of hydrology and leak repair - and you would be right in questioning me, as I know nothing about these topics. But they train you, and it paid well. So in the interest of saving some money (thank you, Dave Ramsey) I was going to bite it and work from 7:30-3:00 M-F all summer.
Not gonna lie, apart from getting to pick Larry's brain (trust me, I would have made it happen), I was really dreading that. So I was a smite relieved when I was reminded that I indeed have two week-long workshops this summer that aren't negotiable, and another in a couple of weeks in Destin. Sadly, this means I can't call myself a leak detective.
I will, however, have some good time to rest, hang out, read some good books, and take some fun, albeit cheap, vacations with friends and family.
I also plan on spending a lot of time mining for gold nuggets like this one...watch the whole thing...the funniest part - my favorite part, anyway, is the last 10 seconds...
How do I love thee, Will? Let me count the ways...

No comments:
Post a Comment