Sunday, August 16, 2009

I've got a very important date...

...and it cannot get here fast enough. Ladies and gentlemen, Tim Burton has, I believe, embarked on the film he was always meant for. Alice in Wonderland will hit theatres March 5, 2010, and I am trembling with delight already.

With Johnny Depp (of course...who else?) as the Mad Hatter...

And Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen...

And Anne Hathaway as the White Queen...

And Mia Wasikowska (with a blond dye job, personally I think I would have been an appropriate pick, but whatever) as Alice...



How can this be anything but mesmerizing? As one who thought she was Alice as a small child, I don't think I could be more excited about this coming out. Some other images from the movie that I LOVE...



Here's the trailer...



I don't know that I have ever been this excited about a movie. Tim Burton was made for this.


Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said. "One can't believe impossible things."

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

-Through the Looking Glass, chapter 5

3 comments:

Kissey said...

i am SO excited about this movie.

mary straton said...

SO excited, too!!

Today, Alice; tomorrow, Pippi!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Claire...I wish I could give you loads and loads of gummy worms! Mrs. Sassafras