1. School is in full swing. This might be my favorite group of students yet. Very good-natured, very funny, very sweet, very immature (on that point, no wonder I've taken to them so). I love my job. I can't say it enough.2. I'm 28, or "officially close to 30." Thanks yaya. 28 is very, very good in case you're wondering. Had a lovely, intimate birthday gathering at the home of one Kate McIntosh Graham, themed "Claire's Favorite Things." Plenty of circus peanuts. Which brings me to...
3. I have a toothache. Also, it turns out, no dental insurance. My fault -- oops. At least it's not too late to fix this glitch before (hopefully) I need a root canal.
4. I really, really love the church that I recently memberized with. As in every week I can't wait for Sunday nights.
5. I'm now the owner of a pair of skinny jeans. This is moderately ironic on several counts. The cows have officially come home.
6. I cannot stop listening to Selah's new album - particularly "Unredeemed" and "I Will Carry You." I have been waiting on these two songs for months, months, and months. They are here. Buy them on iTunes - you shan't be sorry.
7. Who's ready to need a long sleeved shirt?
8. Dierks Bentley and Patty Griffin did a song together recently. Is anyone else disturbed by this? It's actually pretty good, too.
9. Did I ever write a review for Julie & Julia? It was absolutely fantastic. Charming every second through and through. Worth paying the hefty ticket price again, as a matter of fact. If you haven't seen it, GO.
10. I'm growing rosemary and cilantro in my kitchen - entirely too late in the herb season, mind you - and against all odds, they're springing forth from the soil in sprightly dance! The severed wasps are in flight, indeed. That was for you, Mere. :)
Happy mid-week, friends.
4 comments:
this post makes me miss you insanely.
ditto. can't wait to see you in your skinnies.
totally missing you.
you will be hot in skinny jeans.
also...don't judge dierks bentley.
Wish I was your age and could wear skinny jeans.
Post a Comment