Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"because all I have time to do...

...is think and get down to business."

And so quoted one of my students on his application for the school newspaper staff. I got such an enormous kick out of going through these applications that I sent out a mass e-mail detailing the funniest quotes - so forgive me if this is redundant; it's just that it so completely and utterly made my week that I couldn't help but share it here also.

"I will bring all kinds of happiness."

"I do hope you will find it in your heart to select ME for this position. Thank and you may God BLESS you."

"It would be very nice if I got my job back as photographer. It has really drug me into the newspaper business."

"I could help keep the staff together if things get out of hand."

"Because on a scale of 1 to 10, I am the 10."

"I did photography last year and I am the MASTER at it."

"So, again, it would be nice if I got photography again, please."

"I would just like to say that I have been in two magazines and written three books. But, I would not like to be a writer. I would like to be a photographer."

"I would be a good asset because I know what children are thinking these days. I am one myself."

"When I decided I wanted to be a lawyer, I knew I had to be more into the economy."

"I take pictures of clouds."

"I can make up a poem in less than five minutes. Easy as that."

"I have an exquisite vocabulary."

"The school newspaper means EVERYTHING to me! If I am not on the staff, I will be so mad! I am everything the newspaper needs! I tried to be in it last year, and now I am trying again. I am very happy to get an opportunity to be on the staff and this is NOT my chance to blow it!!"

"I sometimes make 45% grammatical errors, and that is why I chose staff writer SECOND."

"Because the only thing I have time to do is think and get down to business."

I love journalism because it informs us of many things. Like the newspaper."

1 comment:

AnnaLittle said...

this may be my favorite post I have ever read on your blog. no kidding. hilarious.