Monday, January 10, 2011

the power's still on

I am NOT complaining (goodness knows every bit of rest I can get is a gift from above), but a hint of cabin fever is settling in over here in my neck of the snowy woods. Today has been nice, but school's been cancelled tomorrow also. I'm starting to wonder how I am going to pass this time holed up in my smallish condo.



On one note, why can't my bangs look as good as hers?

On another note, here's a little of what I've been doing today.

I just baked a loaf of beer bread, and with some basil pesto, mmmm...

Also I have Eastmountainsouth on repeat...I forgot how much I love them. This may or may not be because I first heard them on the movie Lucky Seven back in 2002. Go listen to "Still Running."I watched the first disc of this with my cup of coffee this morning...SO good!! It made me want to start writing a book immediately. It also made me very excited that it's part of my job to teach and hopefully impart a love and appreciation of story to impressionable minds. I know. Don't take me seriously.

Speaking of good stories...and Mere, I'm spoiling the surprise...this is what's on its way to you...I am more excited about this book than I have been about a work of fiction in a long while. I've not read beyond the first page, but based on the reviews, I'm already sold. It definitely has the potential to be overly philosophical, in which case I might promptly return it to the shelf, but I'm really hoping for a winner here.
And finally, this vagrant showed up at my door this afternoon, to my delight.

So tonight we'll hole up and watch the championship game (ask me if I care who wins), do yoga, check The Bachelor on commercial breaks (there's a girl on there this season with fangs) and make a list of things to do if we're shut-ins again tomorrow.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

LT (and Max) said...

we're off again tomorrow too! too bad we can't sit around together tomorrow and just drink coffee all day. sad.

your beer bread looks scrumptious.