Saturday, November 17, 2007

Satan personified

Post title got your attention? Read on.
Those of you who've met James L. Entrekin, Jr. will find this especially funny, but those of you who haven't will still chuckle. He's in New Orleans this weekend working with Redeemer Pres. to help demolish houses in order for the next group coming in to rebuild. Last night, I got quite the dramatic phone call letting me know that despite deadly threats like asbestos and black mold (they have to wear masks), he's hanging in despite a recent waltz with death. Did he breathe in the black mold? No. Did he get asbestos poisoning? Nope. All good. Did he saw his arm off while cutting down a tree? Absolutely not.

What happened, then, you ask? He was attacked by...a caterpillar. Yep. You read that right. My response, after laughing hysterically, was "aaww, that's kind of cute! You got attacked by a cuddly caterpillar!" to which he quickly replied, "Claire, it was Satan personified."

This morning I had the following email in my inbox, with an attached picture of the thing, officially called the Lo Moth, which he googled, just for me:

Cuddly?? You try and cuddle with that thing and see what kind of explilatives come from your mouth!! That thing is a venomous demon! The story: I was chopping down a tree, it fell on my arm, latched onto me with its octopus like suction-feet, and stung me with its over 100 poisonous quills... my arm began to immediately swell as the poison began rushing through my blood... I began to notice some of my normal functioning being affected...for example, I noticed I wasn't as brilliant as I usually am... Gray, who was wearing gloves, had to pry it off with both hands as the suction created by the demon's talons was strong. He had to act fast because the chainsaw in my hand was about to cut the beast open, and possibly sever my arm!

Anyhoo... the only medic-like substance available was some Purel hand-cleanser...so I cleaned the wound with some of that...which likely saved my life.. because a few minutes later, the swelling began to go down, and my immune system was able to begin repelling the poison flowing through my veins. I have a very strong immune system ("cough, cough").

Anyhoo... I'm off to see what other adventures await me today!

James, the brave.

Yes, he says anyhoo, and just for clarification, the "cough, cough" at the end of the email is a reference to Southpark's Cartman's trademark hacking noise. Nice.

Soooo...if you see this beast, learn from James' traumatic experience and go the other way, or you may be in for a battle with Satan himself.

4 comments:

jentrekin said...

Jacob wrestled with the Angel, I wrestled with the devil... we both overcame.

LT (and Max) said...

niiiiice jimmy. haha. i could totally hear him telling that story.

i think all boys named james are cute.

The Texas VicHorns said...

Wow. That is a great story.

Jimmy, did you ever know that you're my hero?

Tricia said...

oh my gosh- I'm laughing hysterically. And I like how he says anyhoo. I'm going to start saying that too. "Anyhoo" and "duh" are definitely making a comeback.