Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Once upon a midnight dreary...

Am I completely losing my mind? Because I just dragged 25 lbs of dry ice from my car into the basement, which also happens to be my bedroom. Dry ice, which I know nothing about, because I had no idea it could chemically burn you if you touch it. I was given this information JUST in the nick of time.

Why, you may ask, do I have 25 lbs of dry ice in my bedroom? Because I'm taking it to school tomorrow. Yep. I am about to take 25 lbs of a substance that can cause chemical burns and use it to create a fog effect in a classroom of 29 INSANE 14 year olds. Sometimes this is what it takes to understand poetry. That's all I'm saying.

It was either this or a fog machine, and I went with the cheaper option of the two. Though I DO plan on getting a fog machine in the near future---for educational purposes, of course.

It was kind of a stink going back to work today after such a fun weekend, but I did have Monday off, so I can't complain. And the day was pretty good compared to most.

Other news:

1. I went to the dermatologist for the first time ever yesterday, and I don't appear to have skin cancer. Those of you who know how much time I've spent in the sun during my life will know what good news that is--I've been paranoid about it for a long, long time.

2. We have a cat! His name is Lemons, and he belongs to our new roommate, Abby. Things should be interesting when Dooley returns from dog boot camp.

3. Has anyone seen Ben Stein's documentary Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed on the theory of evolution? I don't know much about it, but I'm going to see it tomorrow night.

1 comment:

LT (and Max) said...

yes. you have lost your mind.