Saturday, June 28, 2008

Playstation anyone?

I feel like I've really accomplished something today--I listed my first item for sale on ebay! I bought a used Playstation2 for Jimmy for his birthday, only to discover that he'd been "permanently loaned" a Playstation3. Woof. So anyway, I have a Playstation2 and two games, Madden NFL '06 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour '05 plus memory card and TV and wall cables for sale ($50) if you know anyone who would be interested.

I doubt anyone who reads this blog is really into Playstation, but I thought it might be worth a shot.
Putting it up for sale on ebay was really kind of fun--hopefully I won't start selling all I own just for the thrill of watching for the high bidder.

WEDNESDAY is the big move day. Boy am I ever ready for it to be here and over with, even though that means it'll be the 4th of July even sooner--and that is the beginning of the end of summer. I don't feel like I've had a summer yet, and that's kind of scary. If I start the year in August being this tired, I'll be burned out NO QUESTION by October.

The AC is out at our house, so basically I'm living and packing in a microwave. It's terrible, not gonna lie. The writing project ends on the 3rd (the day after we move!) so in a few days, all this will be behind me, I will have a house with AC, and some days to sleep and lay around and really get rested for August. I do have to move into a new school, though, which brings me to some more news....

I found out a few days ago that I'll be at Phillips Academy next year. 8th grade English. This is what I've been hoping for--it's another k-8 school in bham city. It's a magnet school--zoned kids automatically go there, but most of the kids have to test in. I'm thankful to be there for my 3rd year--I was really getting ready to crash and burn. Luckily, I had a few well-connected people in the district who recognized that and worked in my corner to get me over there. I'm very relieved, excited, and ready for a different kind of challenge.

So within a three day timespan, I will be finishing up the writing project, moving my classroom (which exists in my basement right now) into a new school and moving to another house.

1 comment:

The Texas VicHorns said...

CONGRATS ON THE NEW SCHOOL!!! Sorry for all caps, but I know how big this is for you. Awesome!

Wish I were there to help you move. Can't wait to hear your voice!