Monday, July 7, 2008

I LOVE SUMMER!

Today is my first REAL day of summer vacation since the writing project with nothing to do! YES! I do have to go clean and tie up a few loose ends at the old house, but that's it. Moving is over, writing project is over, and I am free for the next three-ish weeks. Hallelujah.

I do have some interesting stories for you, but I will have to deliver them in moderation. I can't find my camera right now, so the really good stuff will have to wait until I find it, as there are essential pictures to go along with it.
Until then, here are a few pictures from the past few weeks:

We went to hear the Alabama Symphony in Highland Park. It was all music from Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, ET, Abba, etc - Ivan & Courtney and the two of us took a picnic, ate, and watched in awe and moderate horror at all the people who showed up in frighteningly accurate character attire.

This is from our beach trip in early June -- such a good time! I found a dead jellyfish lying on the beach that was LITERALLY the size of a football. How'd you like to jiggle some of THAT jelly?

Below you will see Suzanne, my friend that I followed around at the lake this weekend because I want to shave off her hair and put it on my head. I love this color!! This is me trying it out on my head. Think this could work? I might just take her with me to the salon for a consultation -- thoughts?

Here's Jimmy at the lake, right after he decided out of no where that he should try to swim the width of the lake twice. For his traithlon training, of course. If you could have seen the distance I'm talking about, you'd have been as concerned for his life as I was. He was already tired from skiing. Our friend Sarah, who is a lifeguard, went with him :) Don't you LOVE his swim cap?

Here he is right after the long swim -- he climbed onto the dock and immediately collapsed, like this:

I really thought he was dead. I absolutely love this picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, Pippi..1. I understand loving summer. Laura, you and I are almost obnoxious about how much we love summer.
2. Did you cook the jellyfish on the grill as you did many years ago at the beach. HOw do you spell it? pnedarian??
3. I'm proud of your coffeemaker purchase. I am not a coffee drinker, but ALL teachers need caffeine!
Mrs. Sassafras