I'm taking up msk(s)'s challenge because I have nothing else to write about, and because in this situation I refuse to do the alphabet game. No offense to all you abc-ers out there.There aren't many things I can't live without, come to think of it. But the ones that ARE on that list, I really can't live without them. And a lot of them are pretty lame.
Here they are.
1. Coffee and hot tea. I know I am far from alone on this one. I just really can't go without it. I have gone back and forth on whether or not I am addicted to it. Some say I am, because of the simple fact that I say I can't live without it. But I can and have gone a few days without it here and there (not by choice), and I didn't have headaches or anything associated with symptoms of withdrawal. It just simply makes the whole day better when I do have it.
Why are coffee and hot tea so wonderful? I don't know, but I could drink it all day.
2. Zyrtec D. I realize it's sad to have medicine on here, but I'm convinced that without these little wonder pills, my professional, social, and personal lives would be over. Since moving to B'ham, my allergies have become my worst enemy. There are days when, be it not for Zyrtec, I can't get through a sentence without sneezing four times in a row and having to blow my nose at least twice. This medicine makes me feel like a new person.
3. CoverGirl Lipslicks lipgloss. I am not one to spend much money on makeup - maybe because I have never tasted the wonders of the really good stuff. But if cheap is working well for me, why open my eyes to what I'm missing and further empty my pocketbook? (LT and msks, are you horrified?) As long as I have this lipgloss, I'm good. It wakes me from the aesthetic dead if I've overslept and don't have time to do anything to my face -- it's my favorite -- and maybe only -- staple in the world of cosmetics.
4. Adhesive hooks. Lame? Yes. But these handy gadgets are my most powerful tools of organization. Towels off the floor, purses out of the way, scarves in their place. You'll find many of these, both small and large, placed strategically in the nooks and crannies of my living space.
5. Ebay. I can't stress it enough -- this online marketplace has saved me countless dollars. I've gotten scores of books for my classroom for almost nothing, electronics for cheap (even if I did have to sell the PlayStation 2 because Jimmy had been "permanently loaned" a PS3), quality shampoo for less than the off-brand, my CAR, and my latest find...my new armoire, for which I paid...are you ready? A whopping $26. And no, it is not made out of banana wood.
You just can't beat the prices you find on ebay. If you don't mind buying your stuff used, this is the way to go.

6. Cucumber Method All-Surface Cleaner. It costs more than the average cleaner, but this stuff is definitely worth every penny. It's the Target brand cleaner, and takes a good chunk of the YUCK out of cleaning. It smells WONDERFUL and cleans very effectively. I recommend this for any surface you clean that water won't damage. Comes in spray or wipes.
7. The Elmo document camera. I don't actually have one of these yet. But I'm convinced that when I do, it will make my teaching life a million times easier. All you do is turn it on, toss an article or paper underneath the lamp, and it's projected onto the wall for everyone to see/read. No computers, no annoying transparencies, no paper. Talk about saving the trees.
8. Sara Groves' music. She sings my life, and I love her. That's all I have to say about that.9. Tomatoes. Recently declared my favorite simple food, these wonder veggies (yes they share that title along with the pumpkin) just make everything taste better.
10. Conditioner. The only thing that, where my hair is concerned, separates normal from all out brillo pad/afro. I'd rather just never WASH my hair than have to wash it without conditioner.
6 comments:
If I were making a list, coffee and conditioner would top mine too.
I just posted the most money photo of you on my blog. happy early birthday.
why am i not there to help you celebrate?
i love that suface cleaner, and i too am a fan of sara g thanks to you.
you must also check out MY blog.
i'm with mere...i think i should be there with you RIGHT NOW. oh what fun we would have....
love you
I miss you, my birthday friend.
Happy Birthday Claire! I found your blog on Laura's and I can see from your quote that you are a fan of The Office! So am I!! LT said you keep a fishing worm with you all the time....this is intriguing! Have a great day!
Emily is right. I left off an important fact on your birthday blog: our phone recording experiment.
oh, and I left off "Quick-witted" and "lemon...lemony yellow."
Post a Comment