Not in their entirety, though...I will have the full case of jitters officially on Sunday night, the night before my new students come. Tomorrow, though, is my official first day back at work. Technically I've been working off and on all during July, moving and readying my new classroom. Seriously, is it really time to go back? Who has time for work anyway? Not me.
There are much more important things to be doing, like eating steamed broccoli. Have I mentioned lately how much I love it? With LOTS of lemon juice that is probably eroding all my teeth enamel right off. LOVE IT. Most of you who know me well will be rightly surprised by what I'm about to say, but...I am on a cooking kick.
That's right -- a cooking kick. And it's going pretty well! No disasters yet, and everything's (most everything) turned out really good. Unless my friends are lying to me, that is. I've made lemon tarragon chicken salad, a tomato tart, and chicken with rosemary sauce. It might be easy for most of you, but for me, this is a big deal. I can usually mess up just about anything, including boiling water. But I think I'm turning over a new leaf.
Is anyone else ready for cold weather????
5 comments:
Yes on the back to school jitters. What do I do with them?! And yes on the cold weather!!! Let's chat soon...for real.
tomato tart? chicken with rosemary sauce? who are you?
just kidding. i knew you had it in you. and i am super impressed.
I'm never ready for cold weather. Maybe cooler weather...but not cold.
Claire, I am so proud of you. We'll make a chef out of you yet.
Good luck with the cooking. I am definitely ready for cooler weather. It is sad when we think 90 is cool.
Post a Comment