How is it that I think all these listy posts are so lame, yet I am drawn to them more each time I see one? Is it because I am looking for something, ANYTHING to put off grading papers and entering them into the computer? Could be. Or is it my adolescent (ahem---adult) penchant for email surveys that brings me back each time?
Who knows. irrelevant, really. The fact remains, here I am again, with another list, stolen from of course none other than one LT.
The good news is, the answers have to be one word, so I won't be able to put my work off much longer (and you don't have to read long, boring answers--just short, boring answers.)
Object: answer questions with one word ONLY. Not necessarily as easy as it looks! Can you do it?
1. Where is your cell phone? table
2. Where is your significant other? meeting
3. Your hair? frizzy
4. Your mother? frilly
5. Your father? airborn
6. Your favorite thing? coffee
7. Your dream last night? none
8. Your dream/goal? book
9. The room you're in? livingroom
10. Your hobby? writing
11. Your fear? knives
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? birmingham
13. Where were you last night? home
14. What you're not? energized
15. One of your wish list items? broom
16. Where you grew up? Starkville
17. The last thing you did? broccoli
18. What are you wearing? dress
19. Your TV? off
20.Your pet? boo
21. Your computer? useful
22. Your mood? peaceful
23. Missing someone? absolutely
24. Your car? Volvo
25. Something you're not wearing? shoes
26. Favorite store? Target
27. Love someone? friends
28. Your favorite color/shade? green
29. Last thing you ate? broccoli
30. When is the last time you laughed? today
31. Last time you cried? weeks
Whew. That was a toughie. Alright, one more confession (the first one, in case you're wondering, being 'I'm about to do another list on my blog'). I went to a month long writing workshop/institute this summer, and it was pretty intense. I loved it. While in the thick of said workshop, I did a little writing. There is one piece of writing I finished that I would like to soon share on my blog. It is called "Post-It Notes and Pumpkin Mush." Those of you who either know me really really well or have just know me long enough can probably guess from the title what the subject of this short memoir might be.
We, the 8th graders and myself, are currently reading memoir. We will follow these weeks with some intense writing workshop in this genre. So, I thought I would write along with them and perhaps share some things I've written previously, one being this story of pumpkin mush. They ended up really liking it, if only because of it's 1. drug reference and/or 2. descriptions of chest hair.
Either way, they DID like it, and I enjoyed sharing it -- I usually don't share what I write, but I think I'm changing my mind. In my next post, I will officially publish "Post-It Notes and Pumpkin Mush" for the first time.
I know you will all be checking back every thirty seconds until its appearance.
Until then...
Goodnight unto all.
2 comments:
can i tell you that i secretly want to be you.
haha it's sarah smith by the way! that is less creepy.
Post a Comment