Hello, worldwide readership. Boy do I have something groundbreaking to share with you today! Get ready...this is a long one. Something so great that the Native American plush wolf post is taking yet another backseat to matters of higher blogging priority.Ladies, this one's for you. We may be on the tail end of summer, but it's never too late to check out alternatives to the world's immodest apparel when it comes to swimwear. Here is a little known, underground yet widespread phenomenon you don't want to miss. I'll let the site's homepage speak for itself (as always, my favorite parts in bold):
"Growing up in a family of four daughters, modesty has always been a hot topic at our house! We desire to please the Lord in the way we dress and not be a stumbling block to others. We saw a great need especially, for modest swimwear. We didn't want to lower our standards just because we were swimming.
Several years ago, I decided to design one myself. My family and I wanted something that was modest, yet looked feminine.
We have been wearing this swimsuit for the last few years and numerous times have had people ask us where they could buy something similar, or if we knew of a place to buy the pattern, so that they could sew it themselves. We even had a few inquiries from people who weren't interested in modesty, but wanted it for sun protection.
I knew there was a need out there for someone to provide a modest bathing suit pattern, and prayed about the possibility of marketing this pattern some day. When I graduated from home school high school, I was seeking the Lord's will about what I should be doing at this time in my life while I am single and at home. My Mom encouraged me to try
marketing the pattern, and the Lord opened the doors and made it possible! Finally, it was ready, and we were very excited to make it available to others who are looking for an alternative.It is my prayer that many people would be blessed by this pattern. May God be glorified by the way we dress!"
Now, enter the testimonials (I'm posting a couple of my personal favorites, but I encourage you to check the site out for yourself).
"Hi, I bought your pattern last year but did not get around to sewing it until a month ago. I bought some great fabric that had been clearanced out at my fabric store. Well I lined the sleeves, bodice, and pants everything except the skirt. I lengthened my sleeves to the elbow, and lengthened the skirt to just below my knee. I also wear a size 20 so I extended the pattern myself to fit my measurements. It was a breeze. It sewed up very easy and the result is stunning... I even went tubing behind our boat wearing it and it was so comfortable. I lived in the pool for a week when I was on vacation in this suit. It was so easy to nurse in. I even nursed my daughter while sitting in the pool on the steps and it was very easy and discreet. I wore my sport bra under for support and it was great since I'm very large chested suits never fit me right or support but because I could wear my own bra it was great. Thanks again!!!! Blessings,"
Elizabeth from Georgia
How many seriously disturbing mental images are in that one testimonial??!!
Here's another:
"Wow! ...You are quick!!! ...Thanks for your patience! : ) ...I just LOVE these suits! And I also LOVE that you can specify different lengths in different parts of the suit to customize the suit for your comfort level! HEAVEN SENT! ....Thanks again for answering this calling that God has placed on you. It will
be so wonderful to take my kids to Disney World and feel modest without wearing regular clothes in the pool. I am SO excited. Thanks again! God Bless You!"-Sarah from Michigan
Regular clothes in the pool??!!!
And another:
"Dear Crystal, First of all I want to thank you so much for what you have done. Thank you for listening to the Lord. My three daughters and I just wore your swimsuits and had so much fun. I was able to swim with them and teach them how to swim without feeling torn between dressing modestly and spending time with my family in the water. My daughters loved their swimsuits and had several friends ask where they came from. I've only worn mine once and already have two friends curious about one for themselves... God Bless You,"
-Heather
Aaaand one last favorite:
"Ellie's swimsuit is simply darling - I love looking at her in it!! It is so sweet and protective to her, God honoring, and innocent. I just cannot tell you how grateful we were to find the suit and I will be ordering the patterns for future years as she grows. I want one too!!!... We do not even go to public pools or even have a big pool - we only have the blow up ones, but I wanted Ellie to embrace this early (age 6) so that she will be used to guarding her modesty. And if we do go to somewhere else, ie., a friend's house, etc., she is guarded...these are really feminine looking suits that are well pleasing and a beautiful statement of modesty... Thank you, Crystal, for your commitment to honoring our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ."
-Kelly from Illinois
Now, I am not in favor of public nudity, but isn't this AMAZING? I've spent the past half hour surfing this site in wonderment over the way these folks' minds work. What would they think of my old one piece I wore back in the lifeguarding days? Or heaven forbid...my tankini?
Someone should streak these people's front yards. Put a little spice in their lives, if you will.
Now I wonder if I can get mine overnighted in time to wear it to the lake tomorrow...
14 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I just laughed out loud so hard in my office.
that is flippin' hilarious.
I think I shall order the pattern. To bad I did not have this site before our honeymoon! Trey was totally against the bikini in jamica!
HA!
It's never too late Heather. According to the testimonial, they are a cinch to breastfeed in, even poolside.
I read it all over again, just for fun to make sure that I did not miss anything.
Alas, i think i looked over an improtant piece of information the first read:
"After I graduated from home school high school I didn't know what to do while I was single and at home"
One option I might throw her way:
1) COLLEGE
"while I am single?" You are no more than 17, probably younger. Does she think she should be married?
HA!
This is all just too much to handle. I am printing it off and taking it to the lady down the hall.
I am sure the ease of breastfeeding poolside will really make her want to purchase if the hott looks alone don't!
i am obviously having WAY too much fun in this, if the lengthy comment doesn't show that.
claire...
i sensed the urgency in your text message. wow...
I've always wanted to go swimming in short-sleeved dresses and stretch pants. I should probably go ahead and order a few of her patterns, size 20, with extra chest space.
Perfect for nursing by the pool?? Sign me up!
I wonder if they come in infant sizes, so SB can learn the importance of being modest at a young age.
don't make fun.. i already have a couple.
all of you are laughing, but after you have a baby and become a flabby mess, something like this doesn't seem so far fetched....
and does anyone else think that the girl in the top pic in the orange looks just like kit pugh? i'm serious...i thought it was her.
my shorts suddenly feel inappropriate to wear outside the home.
I must order one of those! I am not sure which pattern to go with. I bet the outfit makes it so easy to swim.
i think the loose fabric could be a hazard. you could die if you used a heavy fabric and it took on water...nonetheless...i must show this to my mom. she and her best friend always say they will only swim in the dark with black panty hose on under their swimsuits. what about a wet suit? isn't that fairly modest or does it need to have a skirt so that no hips will show?
Claire - I am loving your blog. Just had to say hey.
These suits might actually make me appreciate those extremely overweight bikini people at the beach... as my friends says "somebody has to look worse than you in a swimsuit" - If everyone wore these and left no exposed hail damage or stretch marks, my self confidence would seriously drop! :)
- Jennifer (Maxwell) White
I can't believe anyone would wear that to the beach! how in the world could you ever get a tan?!?
Post a Comment