Thursday, January 21, 2010

a second career?

I was having a conversation with my friend Shauna a few weeks ago about what vocation we would choose if we did college over again and HAD to pick one other than what we do now. We decided she would blend her love of science with her love of writing and have a medical Q & A column in Seventeen magazine. Her pseudonym? Shonorrhea. Her tag line? "Ask me, don't catch me."

I couldn't narrow mine down or come up with any satisfactory commixture, until recently, when I decided that I want, nay, NEED to play the recorder for NPR's studio. The recorder has always had a special place in my heart, as many of you know. Besides rapping Birdman in the classroom, I can think of nary a task I would feel more at home fulfilling than this.

This is Piers Adams, the current guy on the job. Very swift on the recorder, that one.

Tell me you cannot see me in this picture.

Only mine might look more like this.

I dare say it's meant to be.

2 comments:

adteacher said...

Absolutely! You and Clifford could do some duets. I'm sure the NPR folks would love a rousing rendition of "Larry the Scary Rex" on the recorder.

Murry said...

this is the funniest thing i've read in some time.