Sunday, June 13, 2010

my thumb is black

Is it miserably hot where you are? Because I could drink a glass full of the Alabama air right now, and it'd go down not unlike a glass of buttermilk.

My thumb is officially BLACK. The herbs & flowers on which I labored so tirelessly for 15 minutes a couple of months ago aren't doing so hot. See for yourself:

The moss rose seeds, which I was most excited about, never sprouted.
The pot with cilantro, basil, and parsley has only yielded a basil sprout...


And the rosemary seed has sprouted something that looks suspiciously like basil. So...maybe a mix-up there.
Also, I'm not sure why I decided it only needed 1/2 cup of soil. Look how shallow it's planted! Sorry, little plant.

The poppy seed I planted considered sprouting, but promptly changed its mind.


And the mint plant committed suicide in the pot about a week after I potted it.

The tarragon plant has stayed pretty much the same since I potted it - really, when do you harvest this stuff? I'm clueless.

The zinnias are doing well, but it's near impossible to kill those, so I still consider myself to be pretty black-thumbed.

In other news, I'm headed to see Patty Griffin tomorrow in Nashville! A friend of mine got tickets at an incredible price - the seats are great - so three of us are heading up for a day trip. Lunch, used book stores, Patty - can't think of a better day than that.

It's at the Ryman, and I'm excited - never been to anything there before. Patty never gets old to me - I think she's tied with Alison Krauss for favorite female artist of all time.


Hope you all had a great weekend and are seeing a good start to the week.

3 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

have fun with patty!!!!! hope to see you sat. night!


and btw...you've just been tagged on my blog!

adteacher said...

I'm so jealous!!! I want to go to Patty again so badly...she never gets old for sure. I hope she plays Mary for you!

Unknown said...

buttermilk quote is genious. send it to the weatherman fo'sho'