Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Patty @ the Ryman and a crazy trail run

Does anyone else feel like summer is slipping right through your fingers?


The concert last night was BEAUTIFUL. The Ryman is officially my favorite concert venue of all time (but I've not been to Bonaroo yet.)

Here's a little treat for you:



I'm going to go ahead and put this out there so I'll know you all know about it and I'll feel like a wuss if I change my mind: I'm going to start running again. Since I started teaching 4 years ago, running has felt nigh unto impossible for my lack of energy after working hours.

But two friends and I are taking on the XTerra Trail Run Series national championship trail run in Bend, Oregon in September. It goes without saying that I have no business taking on a national championship trail run. Much less in Oregon, the running capital of the world.

At least gorgeous scenery will surround me as I run/puke at the same time...and maybe, just maybe I'll make it over to Hayward Field to run in the footsteps of Prefontaine before I come home.

Life to-do list item #8...check.


No comments: