I'm playing hookie today.Well, I guess it's not really hookie if I straight up told my principal I needed a mental health day or else bodily harm to MANY 12 yr olds was IMMINENT.
So.
There's that.
I'm sitting on the couch, coffee in hand, fireplace roaring, with Pippi and a stack of essays at my feet. Guess I can't really get away from the 12 yr olds, but at least from here I can't do anything to them that will require I hire an attorney to help me keep my job.
What are you all doing this chilly weekend?
I'm heading to an annual retreat with my dad and grandparents that I LOVE - last year was my first year to go, and it was seriously a highlight of my YEAR.
Probably not many of you have heard of Dudley Hall (Successful Christian Living Ministries) - he is one of the best teachers of scripture that I have ever heard, bar none. And the music...oh, the music. I die. Let's just say it's a bluegrass lover's paradise.
This teaching and music is precisely what I need this weekend.
retreat ri -'trēt n: 1: an act or process of withdrawing especially from what is difficult, dangerous, or disagreeable; 2: a place of privacy or safety; 3: a period of group withdrawal for prayer, meditation, study, or instruction under a director.
Yes please.
Hope you have a restful weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment