It all started yesterday when two little sneaks stole candy out of my desk. I knew and they knew that all three of us knew what happened, but I had no proof and they wouldn't own up. I layed the guilt on really thick and told them I hope they always remember this moment.The moment they sold their integrity for a chocolate covered cherry.

I'm not kidding. I really said that to them. With fire in my eyes and ferocity in my voice. The statement hung in the air heavily, like unleavened bread.
Then, as I was leaving school and stepped out into the 40 mph winds (not kidding here either) and monsoon rain, my umbrella immediately flipped inside out and I couldn't stand up to the strength of the wind. It literally pulled me all over the front drive, where cars waited to pick up kids after sports practice.
I made a poor decision to wear no tights with my dress yesterday. So in front of dozens of cars, not only am I soaking wet with a flipped umbrella and getting the daylights beat out of me by the wind, but my dress flew clear up to my chin.
No tights: Poor decision.
I made eye contact with no one as I scurried across the streets of downtown Birmingham to the youth YMCA, where, coincidentally, my car still sits even now.
This brings me to today.
At 5:15, I was ready to leave school. But when I went to fetch my purse and keys, which are ALWAYS placed in the same drawer of my desk, my keys were gone. I tend to misplace my keys quite a bit, but not at school. I just don't mess around with personal belongings at school.
So I knew it was strange when my keys weren't where I put them that morning. Two hours and a AAA visit later, it was concluded that my keys had in fact been stolen.
Little shits.
I had to say it.
On that note, I have started a new blog. Actually it's a tumblr, whatever that means. Its sole purpose is to store noteworthy pieces of conversations I have at school. Things I never thought I'd say in the workplace. Things like, "Don't test my gangster" which happens to be the title of the blog.
Anyway, if you care to read it, hop over to http://www.donttestmygangster.tumblr.com/
Hope your Groundhog Day was sunny and theifless.
No comments:
Post a Comment