Here are my Christmas questions you've all been so anxiously awaiting.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Hmm...I do enjoy wrapping boxes, but let's be honest--I usually end up in a hurry and use a gift bag. Sorry msk(s). However, this year, yours IS in a box with a bow! Proud?
2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Love the smell, not so sure about the hassle. We had a real one every year when I was little, but most years we had a fake one. It was just as Christmasy both ways.
3. When do you put your Christmas tree up? Right after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? I prefer to take it down the day after New Years Day.
5. Like egg nog? I like it, but don't prefer it. I'm with you msk(S), I love a mug full of marshmallows.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I hope I do not too many seasons from now.
7. Favorite gift received as a child? There are several I remember getting dangerously fired up about--a record it yourself alarm clock on which my mom had pre-recorded Clifford singing the San Fransico song and a collection of brightly colored wigs, to name a couple.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad, by FAR.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Easy--Yaya.
10. Worst Christmas gift? I can't remember anything bad--a student last year gave me a half used bottle of hotel lotion, but it was so heartfelt that there's no way I can count that. I still have it. (It was the student I posted a video of who told me I needed to take a vacation to Japan)
11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? Real mail
12. Favorite Christmas movie? The (original) Grinch, A Christmas Carol, and Elf
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually start slow and end in panic the week of Christmas. However, this year, I was 85% finished by Thanksgiving and finished the second week of December. A record.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can recall...
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? I LOVE cheese grits on Christmas morning.
16. Clear or colored tree lights? I prefer clear
17. Favorite Christmas Song? "O Come, O Come Emmanuel"
18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? I like staying home, but travelling is fun too. I just don't like to travel ON Christmas day.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? yes.
20. Angel or Star on tree top?
I love Angelina, the angel doll that has hung daintily from the ceiling above our family's tree since I can remember. I love her. But I like glittery stars as well.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
Morning! Me, Sammer, and Hailey used to open the presents we got each other on Christmas Eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
AFA emailing me thrice daily whining about Lowe's referral to the Christmas tree as a "family tree" in their catalog. I truly believe that they think boycotting and nitpicking is going to solve the world's problems. Don't get me started.
1 comment:
i remember the alarm clock like it was yesterday.
Post a Comment