Tuesday, December 11, 2007

At long last

It's been forever since I've blogged, I'm making my big comeback with little to say that is of any real importance. All I do is work now pretty much, as apparently I was smoking crack when I decided to work a second job. But I've already said that on here, haven't I? What was that? Twice? Sorry to repeat.

The social life has suffered a smite, but the stories still abound. You know what I've found? You may find this hard to believe, but of the two jobs, the people at Anthropologie are weirder. Customers, that is. I really do want to write a book. Your assumption is probably that my students would be a little more out there than the customers of an outlandishly expensive clothing/home store. Right? Wrong. Read the following facts and BELIEVE THEM AS TRUTH.

1. Today a lady I checked out came to the register wearing EVERYTHING she was buying. She held out a handful of tags for me to ring up, and yelled at me throughout the whole process (a complicated one, I assure you, as she was covered in those hard sensors that you have to remove on the counter with a magnetic thing) She left, only to return a minute later for the dress she'd come IN wearing, which she'd handed to the fitting room attendant as she fled. THEN, after she left a second time, we found her UNDERWEAR in the fitting room. Yes.

2. A lady came in once, went to the fitting room, and the came walking out rather quickly--we later found a trail of poo (apparently she was sick and it'd been running down her leg) from the fitting room to the door outside. Who needs to drop bread crumbs??!!

3. Someone once left a nice pile of doo in the corner of a fitting room. Now, THIS has happened in my classroom (last year). That was a 6th grader, this was a grown woman.

That's all for now. I'm sure there will be more. I need to go to bed, as it's absurd that I'm even awake right now, much less crafting fine literature. A contact fell out of my eye today at the Dollar Tree while I was picking up several young boys' scarves and plastic battery operated candles (which I will explain in a post yet to come), and I've been crosseyed ever since.

Hope everyone had a good Monday--four more to go! Goodnight unto all.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

gross. so many poo poo stories.

did the lady wearing her new outfit sit on the counter as you took off the magnetic sensors?

Marty said...

Shut UP! Unbelievable, sick, and hilarious. Who knew some poo stories could bring out such a range of emotions? Who gets stuck cleaning it all up? Wow.

LT (and Max) said...

oh
my
gosh.
i can't believe all of those things REALLY happened there.
i don't know whether to laugh at this post or sit here in awe that there really are people like that in our world.
miss you much.

The Texas VicHorns said...

This is why I purchase my clothing online. When it arrives, I can try it on from the comfort of my own, poop-free home.

Yikes.

The Overstreets said...

wow. that's all I can say.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

i don't think i'll ever go into another dressing room. who knew how many people poo in those things??

maybe you should put up a sign:

too many poos, we all lose
hold it in, we all win

Unknown said...

GROSS!! That is unbelievable!