Aaaahhhh.
Hope Christmas was wonderful for you, my Worldwide Readership. For me it was absolutely pulchritudinous (I just learned that word--it's a synonym for lovely.) I just realized I didn't take very many pictures, though, unfortunately, so I will post some pictures of the festivities leading
up to the glorious Christmas day.
up to the glorious Christmas day.(left): Couples' stocking exchange at Melissa's...I would have posted a picture of Kate and Will, were all of them not so X rat
ed (love you Kate).
ed (love you Kate).Mine and Jimmy's stocking was pretty G rated, if that--sets of fake redneck teeth and a stick of Black & Beautiful Cocoa Butter (for the hair, not the bread, I assume).
(right): Wine night & ornament shower at our house for my two roommates, Kate & Courtney, both soon to wed. A very fun night for all.
(below left): All our friends who have lived in this house at some point, also taken at the ornament shower.
(below right): Hailstorm's graduation from Western Kentucky--she's all done, photojournalism degree in hand! The graduation was long, but it was good to spend time in Nashville with family. Congrats Hailey!
(below right): Hailstorm's graduation from Western Kentucky--she's all done, photojournalism degree in hand! The graduation was long, but it was good to spend time in Nashville with family. Congrats Hailey!
below left: Another shower for Kate & Will, this time in Shannon, MS at the Witthauer's house. So many faces I miss--all in the same room to celebrate with the happy couple and play
We had so much fun--I miss these girls so much!
below left: Best date of 2007 (I know, I know, some of you are thinking best date since '98) For our Christmas date, Jimmy took me to get wine & appetizers downtown, and then we went to see Christmas Vacation at the Alabama Theatre (probably my favorite place in Bham!!) which was GLORIOUS. Then we got dinner afterwards. It was SO much fun. Really--what could be better than that? "I don't KNOW, Margot."
below right: The pictures I'm sure you've all been waiting for--A Dickens of a Party 2007, featuring my 7th grade students. Here you see the Ghost of Marley reading a well-prepared letter to Ebenezer Scrooge himself, honoring him and his new outlook on life.
Here are a few more pictures from that blessed event, which turned out surprisingly well, albeit HILARIOUS. They took it shockingly seriously, even giving Scrooge and Fred (thanks Greg and Benj) a proper Victorian-era introduction and greeting.
Below right you see the Ghost of Christmas Future. She's a lot scarier than she looks, believe me.
Below right you see the Ghost of Christmas Future. She's a lot scarier than she looks, believe me.To the left: The Ghost of Christmas Past reads her letter to Scrooge
Below right: Tiny Tim shares his sentiments
All in all, it was a fantastic Christmas season, and I don't consider it over yet. Christmas is never over, as Scrooge would now say, and I won't even begin to think of taking down my tree before New Year's.
Hope you're all having a great week.






4 comments:
ready to see you!!!! love the pics...esp. the one of you and jimmy. precious.
yay. i love your blog.
olive misses you.
how did we have the entire day together and never bring up the ghost of christmas past? tragic.
jack-in-a-blanket.
that would have been much more entertaining than the record we listened to in 7th grade. OHA was lacking in the funding dept. you are such a good teacher. someone should make a movie about you!
Post a Comment