I am floored. It's weird, this not having to get up and go to work. Today I woke up at 10, drank coffee, and watched abc's The Mole on TV, which is awesome, by the way. I want to be on that show. I'm really good at Maffia, so I figure if I worked out a little, I could totally win that show.
I'm pretty excited because I'm leaving for the beach again on Thursday at noon. I went to Briarwood's beach retreat two weeks ago and am so ready to go back to the beach. I don't really remember too much of beach retreat, since I was in a stupor of a coma all weekend. This weekend I'll get to really soak it up--a bunch of friends have rented out a gigantic house on the beach and are piling up in it for the weekend. WOO HOO!!
No other news to report on really--just trying to get loose ends from the school year tied up and figure out where I'm teaching next year since my school is closing down this summer (I was on the news on the last day of school! Of course the one day I didn't pin my bangs back, they stick me in front of a camera--the front mullet was perched attentively atop my hairline for all to see). Yes folks--three years, three schools. Yuck. You can't even tell that our basement is also my bedroom right now, what with the remnants of my classroom piled from floor to ceiling.
I'll close tonight's post with two recommendations:
1. Dove Energy Glow tanning lotion
This stuff is amazing--since my trip to the dermatologist about a month ago, I've decided on minimal sun exposure this summer. Just enough to get the vitamin D, thank you very much. So to prepare for the unwelcome swimsuit, I've been using this miracle lotion--which DOESN'T STINK AT ALL. That's it's biggest selling point--it smells like normal lotion, and it WORKS. Looks very natural.
2. Midnight in the Garden of Good and EvilThis luscious slice of summer reading by John Berendt is too hilarious not to devour in one sitting. It is hysterical--I mean SIDE-SPLITTING and you MUST read it. I read it about two years ago and am re-reading it right now--I forgot how absolutely delectable it is. You won't regret picking this one up. The perfect summer read. Msk(s) and Mrs. Sassafras--I don't know why, but I think the two of you, in particular, would love it.
That's all folks--next time I'll make sure to have pictures to document these savory summer days.
1 comment:
Read this book several years ago and loved it.
Barbara
Post a Comment