Thursday, October 2, 2008

the Halloween dilemma

I've not been posting two days in a row lately, but there's an issue that's been pressing me as of late, and I need my readership to help me put it to rest. I don't dress up for Halloween very much, but when I do, I like it to be good. As you know, my idea of THE best Halloween costume I've ever donned is of course Snoop Dogg. I haven't dressed up since then, out of fear of not living up. Well, Jennifer Hermetz and I dressed up as each other one year since then. I forget.

Well, I've decided I want to dress up this year, because I think there are some good options. I've worked hard to narrow it down to three, and now, readership, I'm asking you to take the baton.
In no particular order...

1. Walking pneumonia

I don't really know how I would pull this off, but I like the idea. A pair of walking lungs? Maybe. A girl in a hospital gown with puffy eyes, red nose and messy hair? Per chance. I'm thinking hospital gown with a giant lung xray taped on the front.

2. Pam Beasley
This one might be just a little too easy. I can definitely generate the slight frizz and the not-quite-curly yet not-quite-straight look. What's not to love about our Pam? All I need is a long, puffy winter coat and a legal pad.



















3. Sarah Palin
I gotta say - I'm a little inspired by Tina Fey on this one. Brilliant. Obviously I can't come close, but this is really funny to me. I have the glasses - all I need is hair help. I think I can create the coife. And find an NRA pin for my suit.

Well, these are the choices. Penny for your thoughts, readership. I don't expect to be able to do better than Snoop, but perhaps I can come close.
I'm eagerly awaiting your opinions.

5 comments:

Marty said...

Please post a picture of you as Snoop! I MUST see it. I vote for Pam or Palin. OR, you could decide to only dress up as Snoop Dog for all of the Halloweens for the rest of your life. That would be awesome.

Tassie said...

I think sarah palin would be a great costume for you to wear.

Alison said...

I vote for Sarah Palin.

Anonymous said...

i really wish i would have gotten a shout out on this post, seeing as the c-murda version of snoop dogg would have never been unveiled to the world without yours truly.

-hossein

Charlie and Jamie Smith said...

i did see you as snoop - MY VOTE IS SNOOP AGAIN! It was great!!