Wednesday, November 19, 2008

tagged

msk(s) tagged me with this blogger award, and I have to share 6 interesting things about myself and then tag 6 people to do the same.

1. I have chronic and violent allergies, evidently to everything. This is not interesting except for the fact that never in my life have I had any kind of allergic reaction to anything. The closest I ever got was drinking a whole carton of grape juice as a child, throwing it up, and assuming I was allergic to grape juice. I believed that for years. Wasn't true. But ever since I moved to Birmingham, I haven't been able to get it under control without constant medication advised by a doctor upon several visits. Hailey, I think you were right - I have black mold growing in my lungs.

2. I've never been to New York City. I still claim it as my favorite US city, because I'm 99% sure it will be if I ever go. I have wanted to go to New York my whole life, preferably in the winter. Maybe next year.

3. I LOVE an efficiently loaded dishwasher. And I love to LOAD the dishwasher efficiently. It's a little like putting together a puzzle. In my opinion, a perfectly loaded dishwasher could not hold another single item, though it is not so stuffed that the dishes won't come out clean. It's kind of like a puzzle. I realize this is odd. Also, I don't understand why people wipe or sponge up excess water from dishes with a dishtowel. It's only water, and it will dry in the cabinet.

4. I have always had a hypnotic effect on animals. Hamsters, dogs, cats, they all turn to noodles and mush when I hold them/pet them. They really do go completely limp, and I could roll them around or hold them upside down and they're not fazed. Maybe it's the way I smell?

5. I love cheap, and what most of you would consider disgusting, candy. Now, I don't ever eat it in my adult life, but mind you - I do love it. Circus peanuts, cowtales, Necco wafers, the cheap jellybeans and gumdrops, those chalk-like candy cigarrettes, I love them all. I DID eat circus peanuts for breakfast on my 27th birthday. Thanks, yaya.

6. For the majority of my life, I have wanted to be in movies. I am still trying to swallow the fact that my train to stardom has most likely passed, unless I have a Barbara Streisand future ahead of me. In which case I decline.

That's it, and most of you who read this already knew all that anyway. My apologies for wasting your time :)

I have lofty aspirations of picking up the blogging pace here pretty soon, but I'm off to San Antonio in the morning for a conference, so it'll be a few.

Mere, you sure you don't want to take a jog out there to have coffee with me?

Oh - I almost forgot! For the Kreativ (do we have to spell it that way?) Blogger Award, I tag:

1. Krystal
2. Marty Party
3. Sally Ray
4. Meaghan Gordon
5. Hailey
6. Anna Duggan

You're it!

5 comments:

mary straton said...

1) I was not aware that you appreciate an efficiently-loaded dishwasher. I share this love.

2) You left out Junior Mints.

3) You also failed to mention your "Money for California" bank.

4) I did not come up with the Kreativ spelling. I think you know my thoughts on incorrect grammar just for the sake of kitsch.

Anonymous said...

msks, for the record, how dare you suggest that junior mints are cheap, considered disgusting, or are sub-par in any way.

They DO NOT fall into that category. I'm moderately offended on behalf of junior mints.

Tricia said...

I'm laughing so hard about the animals being hypnotized by your presence! I'm just picturing a limp hamster.... hahhahahhaa!

Tassie said...

Very interesting facts! I didn't know you knew Anna Duggan...she's so sweet! (and I totally get the dishwasher thing!)

Meaghan said...

I'm totally the Dishwasher Nazi at my house! It makes my day to load it efficiently, and now I get just as much enjoyment scheduling the cycles around MR's dirty bottles so I don't have to wash them by hand!!