Saturday, April 11, 2009

nita pita


On April 9, we welcomed my new niece, Nita McKinley Hardin, into the world. Meet Nita!

She is named for our great aunt on the Hardin side and for Katherine's dad on the Skinner side. It's really fun to call her Nita Pita or Nita Burrita when she's all swaddled up.

I could not get enough of her this weekend - aunthood is fantastic. See more pictures below.

SUPER HANDS!


I love this one. She will certainly be a Daddy's Girl.
In other news, I have nearly deleted my blog several times due to lack of blogging material. Better to have no blog at all than to have one that you just put surveys and quizzes on, right? Let's be honest, folks, my blog has gotten kind of lame.
If I can't revive it in a couple of weeks, it may be time to delete. I do have one funny story for you, though, for now. I was in the Wal-Mart self checkout line a couple of weeks ago, and a cashier walked over to me all the way from her register, which was several yards away, and said, verbatim, "Is that you that smell like marijuana??"
"Could you please say that again?"
"Is that YOU that smell like marijuana?"
"I certainly hope not."
"Oh."
Then she walked away. I don't know how to explain that, except maybe that the black pants, cardigan, and very cool teacher lanyard around my neck screamed "I sell marijuana" to this woman.
Looks CAN be deceiving, after all.
Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.
Happy birthweek, Nita McKinley! And another big congratulations to Sam and Katherine.

8 comments:

Alison said...

What a beautiful baby! Congrats on the addition to your fam!

AnnaLittle said...

Claire! I just started stalking you via blog. I always stalk Heather/Trey and Tricia/Caleb, and then I noticed yours was linked on theirs. I will be so sad if you stop blogging now!!!

PS: Aunthood will overtake your life. It is wonderful!!

mary straton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mary straton said...

she is so lovely! i cannot wait to meet her! you will be a superstar auntie.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT DELETE

Meaghan said...

LOVE the pics!!! She is precious, and I know you are going to be the BEST aunt!!! Congrats, again!!!

LT (and Max) said...

yes. do not delete the blog. you will regret it my friend.


i am not saying anymore about aunthood, as you know my feelings about it.

wdt said...

ahahahahaha!!! really, that walmart story made me fall over in my chair laughing - only you Claire!
Your niece is so pretty! I'm excited for you and desperate to catch up! Let's do that pronto! Cause pronto is a fun word. ;)

The Texas VicHorns said...

I love the pictures of Nita Pita!!! What a little doll. You will have much fun with her.

Don't fear the reefer Claire.