I may never be able to eat at CPK again. This is a travesty. Since I've moved to Birmingham, it's pretty much been my favorite place to eat, hands down.However, on Friday night, I picked up a Hawaiian pizza to go--pepperoni instead of Canadian bacon. I've never been one for bacon on pizza. Anyway, I digress. I eat the pizza, carry on with my night, and go to bed. Next thing I know, I'm hugging the toilet in my bathroom, trying to convince myself I'm not going to throw up. There are three things that freak me out more than anything in this world: very sharp knives, people aiming rubber bands at me, and throwing up. I sat on the co
ld tile, hugging my knees to my chest, hoping against all hope that my food would stay put.It didn't.
I was hugging the toilet for the next half hour...it was a super night. I woke up the next morning and I was fine--so I guess I can chalk this up to msk(s)'s worst fear--food poisoning. Who knew you could get that sick from pizza? I didn't. Maybe I should have gone with the Canadian bacon after all. Or maybe someone forgot to wash their hands. Either way, I think I'm finished with CPK for the time being.
5 comments:
sad.
food poisoning is so terrible. and hugging the toilet is the worst feeling ever.
i cannot even talk about how much this affects me mentally.
by the way, I hope you called CPK and told them.
this sounds worse than our city bagel fiasco. i have never been the same since.
I have a similar problem. I got sick one day after eating Jersey mike's...my absolute favorite lunch place. It wasn’t even the foods fault. I picked up a stomach bug from Mert. Anyway, it goes so far as now any cold cut sandwiches make me nauseous. What am I to do!!
Post a Comment