There's not much to report here, but since (so I'm told) I'm being phased out of the blogging community lest I post something soon, I will do a quick post before dinner.
1. Was I on crack when I decided to teach 7th & 8th grade English? I thought I'd gotten rid of the nickname "White Chocolate" from last year, but apparently I've only traded it for "Winterfresh" this year.
2. I got a haircut today. I typically love haircuts, but not today. I look like a chia pet--it hasn't been this short since college. It's only at the collar bone, but I miss long hair already.
3. I am counting the minutes until the end of the month's season premiere of The Office. It is the light at the end of my September tunnel, if you will. Ps....if I come up missing the last weekend in October, this is where you can find me. http://www.theofficeconvention.com/about/
4. Does anyone want a baby pit bull? One was found, literally just born, outside our school this morning. A teacher cut its cord and has it in her classroom in an incubator (not sure why she has an incubator in her classroom). She called area vets and shelters, but because it needs 24 hour care, no one will take it. So...there's that.
5. New blog announcement: Marty has brought the Party to the blogosphere. If you don't know Martha L. Cooper, my cute and hilarious cousin, you'll still want to read her blog. Flawless grammar and clever quips...what's not to love?
6. Shout out to my 15 year old cousin Holly, who set my cell ringtone to "Buy You a Drank." It was funny at Granny's house, but not so funny when it went off in Walgreen's and then in the hall outside the office at school. Thank goodness the kids were gone, but still...all the other teachers are probably now wondering if I realize I'm white.
Off to NFL openers and meat on the grill. Until next time.
5 comments:
thanks, cuz. I'm so glad to be blogging. You are my inspiration! I got that dumb song "Buy you a drank" stuck in my head one night and couldn't sleep, so I'm through with Akon or whoever wrote it. ha ha. love you!
How in the world do you teach 7th and 8th graders? Too many hormones for me!
miss winterfresh - i'm a friend of meredith's from alpine & i love reading your blog! but also, you have incredible taste in music. enjoy the kids - dear, you must be a SAINT!
nice to meet you - laren
winterfresh...AWESOME. love it.
i too am on pins and needles for the office premier. i'd give anything to be wiht you at 614 Greensboro on opening night.
i decided to go CJ and stop being someone i'm not. but keep it on the DL. i'm not telling anyone.
glad to see you blogging.
i got my haircut yesterday too! how ironical!
Post a Comment