Monday, October 1, 2007

Weekend hikes and IT'S OCTOBER!!

Hello, Worldwide Readership.

It's Monday night and I'm feeling it. I have a permanent case of the sore throat/allergy complex, which after two months makes me think I need to see a doctor. You can only take so much Nyquil/Dayquil and Claritin before you have to admit it's not working. Who needs a doctor though? It's nothing a little edamame and a glass of red wine won't cure.

I spent this weekend working a little at Anthro (love it, by the way!) and enjoying some time spent in the Alabama outdoors with the massive family of one JE Jr. We ate, threw the frisbee, played with small children (a lot of them) played football (I just got the video footage) and hiked up to Bald Rock for sunset. It was a great time. I made a slideshow of the pictures to avoid forcing my faithful and massive readership to scroll for five minutes to see them all. They look much better in color, but I loved this slideshow style as seen on Hailstorm's blog.




A couple more points of interest:

1. It's the first day of October! Time to celebrate. October is my favorite month for several reasons, which I will not go into. I'll only say that Kate and I have not yet started our Things to Do in October list, which has become an annual tradition. Painting, making caramel apples, carving pumpkins and eating the seeds, and laying on hammocks are among our favorites. Here are some thoughts I posted this time last year to commemorate the commencement of October. Seems apropos once again:

Autumn is the season when a year grows old. Its strength begins to wane, its light begins to go dim. It is a reminder of our own mortality and faltering strength. It is the season when we begin to look, not to the earth for hope, but toward a "city not made with hands, whose architect and builder is God." Outwardly we are wasting away, but inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

I had a few more points of interest, but I'm going to have to leave them now, as I hear water boiling in the kitchen. It's time for the edamame and red wine, and then I'm showering, reading, and going to bed. I know everyone is so jealous of the exciting lives teachers lead.

Until next time...

4 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

-love the slide show. i'll have to use that set up sometime.
-edamame and red wine? yummm...i just bought some edamame the other day and i'm pumped about it.
-looks like a fun day with the entrekins. tell JE i said hey.
-i love october too.
-feel better.
-i miss you.

see my latest blog entry. tragedy.

Unknown said...

you have a fun life. i like october too.

feel better, little one.

The Texas VicHorns said...

if i was forced to choose between red wine and our friendship...I can't say with any degree of certainty which I'd choose.

But you're pretty cool.

LT (and Max) said...

it's time for a new post ach. i mean, come on. you have so much free time these days...you should have PLENTY of time to keep the blog posts coming.