Good evening.1. I did not become bear bait in the wilderness. Praises. However, my camera DID become dam-building material for one lucky beaver in the babbling brook we traversed throughout and within on Saturday morning. Yes, folks, that's right, whilst climbing over one particularly slippery rock in the middle of the river/creek/flowing body of water, my camera slipped from my death-grip and was swept downstream in a dramatic exit from my life forever.
This is why you see no pictures. This is also why my knees are scraped up and so beautifully bruised. LT, you'd be proud. I will get some pictures, though, and when I do, I'll post them. Max Patch, NC is absolutely breathtaking.
2. I love downtown Birmingham. Really I have nothing else to say about that. Just that I love it. I went for a walk through a few blocks downtown today just to think about how much I love it. I love downtown Birmingham.
3. I'm so interested to see what kinds of music will be in heaven. I'm convinced that music is going to be a huge part of the beauty of heaven. And I think there will be more genres and beats than could be thought possible on earth. Go ahead, gag. I only say this because I think that there's just something happening when you hear a really, really good song that's just impossible to figure out.
In a really good song, there's just something going on there, and I think it's a big deal. Go ahead...gag again...it's been a little bit of a cheesy day. But since this has been on my brain, I'm going to list a few of my current favorites that I can't stop listening to. Good songs are meant to be shared, right? Here are my 12 favorites this week.
1. Trapeze - Patty Griffin
2. Sparks - Mo Leverett
3. All the Miles - Sandra McCracken
4. Life is Beautiful - Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
5. Up to the Mountain (written by Martin Luther King) - Patty Griffin
(In the running for favorite Patty song of all, and definitely in the top 5)
6. Hymn - Jars of Clay
7. Children of Desire - Mo Leverett
8. How Do You Keep Love Alive - Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
9. I Tried - Bone Thugs featuring Akon (you laugh...it's a good song)
10. Baby Grand - Billy Joel with Ray Charles
11. Songbird - Eva Cassidy
12. When it Don't Come Easy - Patty Griffin
5 comments:
i have no doubt that those are all good songs. i (probably unsurprisingly) have never heard any of them. i guess you need to burn me another CD!!
my camera advice to you: fork over a couple hundred dollars even if you don't really have it. it's totally worth it. no one should live without a camera.
it appears as though you did some soul searching while roughin' it.
i look forward to previewing those songs on iTunes.
my camera advice to you: don't let animals near your camera.
glad to see that you made it out alive and seemingly ok.
I think in Heaven there will be more George Strait.
YUP. I said it. Read it and weap, Laura.
claire...i watched "Freedom Writers" last night and i thought of you while tears streamed down my face!
here's a gagger to add to yours... I've always thought that when we see or hear or experience something really breath-takingly beautiful that our hearts remember what it was like to truly be with God and we experience a little taste of heaven. Just a thought....
you're still alive!!! wait...does this mean i won't be getting your journals???
Post a Comment