Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sleepless on Crest Lane

Well here I am, blogging at this obscene hour of the morning. It is 1:20 a.m., and I cannot sleep. Not surprisingly, as I accidentally took a 3 hour nap today. I spent the weekend in Starkville for a wedding and Fathers' Day and came back to Bham tonight.

Maybe I was tired from waking up early to go to MSU cheer camp with my cousin, who wanted to go watch her friends cheer...maybe it was the out of control moms (who, by the way, were actually doing the routines on the sidelines while watching their daughters) who wore me out so quickly. I kept waiting for them to present the trophy for 1st place in crackhead, but I guess they forgot.

Good news! Laura, aka Turtleneck Tomlinson, Yaya, LT, or Minnie Driver, is coming tomorrow to hang out with me for a few days! Don't ask why I posted this picture of us (doing what we do best)--I just really like it for some reason--I think it's funny. It captures something about us that I can't quite put my finger on. Ha.

Stay tuned for the post you've all been waiting for (and by you all I mean Meredith "Murry" Horn)--harrowing, bone-chilling tales of frogs and cotton balls.

That is all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i think the picture is great. Laura's hair is super curly in this particular photo, making me laugh out loud.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Laura's face in this pic. It is LT classic if you ask me. And the hair...priceless.

She's going to LOVE ME for posting this.

LT (and Max) said...

ummm...EXCUSE ME! how in the world do you manage to have so many incredibly terrible pictures of me??? stop now.

p.s. if i get married one day, you will not be invited to the rehearsal dinner. it terrifies me.

mary straton said...

claire, don't act like it's out of character for you to "accidentally" take 3-hour naps. I've known you to fall asleep between the shower and getting ready to go to supper.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you could post on your own blog.