Yesterday was a special day. I'm sure you all will understand. Our dear family poodle, Maggie, turned 10 three days ago, and yesterday we had her birthday party, complete with a festive hat and a tasty chicken breast with a candle in it.Yes folks, you read correctly. We stuck a candle in a piece of chicken to celebrate Maggie's sweet decade on this earth. Ten years and going strong, forging onward through diabetes and cataracts. What a trooper.
My mom begged me not to include her in the post should I choose to blog about this (seriously now...would I really not blog about this?????) but I am going to have to go against her wishes on this one. Sorry Bons. She brought Mags to Birmingham yesterday to celebrate, and celebrate we did. Despite the momentary trauma brought forth by the boxer next door and her falling down the basement steps (cataracts), she had a splendid birthday party.
I love this pup. Happy birthday Maggie! May your remaining years be many, your ailments few, your bouncy balls soar high into the air, and may your extremely long limbs be limber and spry with which to chase them. Here, here.



8 comments:
Fell down the basement? I thought her eyes were fixed.
happy birthday mags!!! we really do look alike.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAGGIE! YOU ARE OLDER THAN ME. I THINK YOU ARE VERY PRETTY AND I WISH YOU WANTED TO PLAY WITH ME. YOU LOOK LIKE MY MOMMY. RUFF RUFF!" LUV, MAX
Mags looks pretty good for 70.
i love mags. Whenever i see her she rolls over immediately, begging to have her stomach rubbed.
she is a frisky old lady.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, MAGGIE HARDIN!
this post just makes me love Bonnie all the more. chicken breast from chic-fil-a huh? you guys really know how to throw a party. can't wait to throw mags some bouncy balls in 2 weeks.
what? no birthday cake?? what kind of a party was this?
i think you know what post I am waiting on...
the beautiful plush wolf for the native americans? wait for it, swart. wait for it.
Post a Comment