Thursday, July 5, 2007

Red, white and Blaine

I love love LOVE the 4th of July. Fireworks, grills, hot weather, flags everywhere, Lee Greenwood (that's right LT I said it), all the obnoxious songs that come on the country music stations, I love everything about it.
Last night we went to the top of a UAB parking deck, where a huge group of friends gathered to eat/tailgate and watch the fireworks show downtown. It was excellent. Well except for the slaw I made. I was charged with bringing slaw, which I don't like and have never made before. I decided to try a recipe for Asian slaw. Hmmm. It looked like Dooley had thrown up in a piece of tupperware. Bygones.
Even though Birmingham just bagged the #1 spot on the charts for US cities with the filthiest air, it was still a great time, smog and all.
Brett, me and Warren
me, Laurahelen and Rachael. And the cookie Benj threw at us.

Hailey came!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

did you really make reference to "there ain't no doubt i love this laaaaaaand, God bless the USA"?

because if so, I have a problem with that.

i, too, love the 4th.

Anonymous said...

I believe in between laaaaaaand and God, there is a very dramatic cymbal sounding in the background. THAT, my dear, is my favorite part.

LT (and Max) said...

cute cute pictures.


i love the fact that only like 3 people will understand the title of this post, and i'm one of them.

Unknown said...

red white and blaine.

Ironical since I have never been out of Blaine.

Anonymous said...

yes, yes, it is ironical considering you are a travel agent...well, there was the one time you went to jefferson city for that surgery.

claire, at the end of the fireworks show, did you and your friends march through the crowds wearing patriotic garb (you with a beanie) whilst red, white, and blue ballons fell from the sky???

Anonymous said...

Claire, as any schoolteacher knows, July 4th is the beginning of the end of summer so don't be so happy about it! :)

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

Well, I hear you're an old Blainian. How's the stool boom going?

mary straton said...

Do you also like flag memorabilia? I know yaya has thoughts on that.

There's always a place for you at the DQ.