Monday, July 30, 2007

Congratulations, Kate and Will!

No, I'm not referring to Kate and Will of England. I'm referring to a couple of much higher profile right here in Birmingham who has decided, as of Saturday night, to tie the knot.
Atop a mountain in the hills of North Carolina, William Abbay Graham, Jr., aka Willis "Chaps" the Pope, asked my first and best college friend, Kate Mc, to marry him. He asked her if she would accept a peg legged mini-mule named Lawrence instead of an engagement ring, and with wistful tears glistening in her eyes, she said yes. Three times. Then the three of them galloped down the mountain singing "The Hills are Alive."

I'm kidding of course...

But the part about Will asking Kate to marry him (with a ring, and a gorgeous one at that) on the top of a mountain in NC is true, and they're getting married this winter. We are really, really excited in Birmingham these days.

All you men out there, take a day or two of mourning...dress in black...do what you need to do to get over this, but our Kate is officially off the market.

Here's to the future Mr. and Mrs. Will Graham! I love you both!

Top 5 reasons Birmingham is glad Kate and Will are joining forces:


1. We need more curly headed people running around.

2. We need bigger vocabularies in Birmingham and in the world in general--everyone loves learning a new word--knowledge is power, or as I like to say, language is power, and when these two join forces, the general public will become smarter simply by breathing the same air.

3. It's an excuse for someone to craft a pair of wedding chaps.

4. Kate will no longer need the solace of unicorns after a bad dream.

5. And finally...just because they're two of the best people I know. The world will be a better place to live in with these two together. I know. Cheese. But believe it--I mean every word.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled for Kate and Will. Congrats to both.

barbara

mary straton said...

please tell kate I am so happy for her!

kate and will 4 eva

Anonymous said...

please tell kate congratulations! she looks so happy!