Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Good friends, puppy love and a new (to me) school

Quick note. Haven't blogged about anything since Mag's big day. Not for lack of material, mind you. Soon I'll be sharing with you what I consider to be the single most outstanding piece of mail I've ever received, save the hoola hoop Kate sent me while I was working at Camp DeSoto.

But for now, this will have to do. I got to spend a little time with Laura and MSK(S) this weekend, and it was much needed. I love these girls, and we're hardly ever all three together anymore. I think now that I've posted this picture, it's made an appearance on all three of our blogs. Isn't that tender.

I also got to play with their pups--LT's Max and Heather's Sophie, who was vacationing with her aunt and cousin while her mom went to a slumber party. I also got to see my loves, Charlie and Olive Smith. Olive and I are kindred spirits...I think we might be sisters. Anyway, I love this picture of Max and Sophie...look at their faces!!! LOOK at them! Have you ever seen such expressions on the faces of canines? Melts my little girl heart.





Lastly, I went to see my new school today. I teach in city schools, and they're moving teachers around like mad. Musical teachers, if you will, and I landed at Kingston.

I went for the first time today to meet the principal and take a look around, and I snapped a few pictures. I should be able to start working on a classroom starting Monday, and when I do, I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures.




HERE'S a scary thought: I was under the impression that I'm teaching 8th grade English, but evidently, I'm teaching 7th AND 8th grade English. Never mind the fine print, though. Just a tiny, insignificant detail in the ocean of life's circumstances.

5 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

hmmm...it looks as though max got his pic posted and OLIVE AND CHARLIE DIDN'T!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

DEAR AUNT CLAIRE,
PLEASE COME VISIT AGAIN SOON.
RUFF RUFF.
LUV,
MAX

Unknown said...

SOPHIE MADE THE BLOG.
Sucess...in her mind, that is.

She told me she had fun playing with you.

Congrats on Kingston. Sounds like a really preppy school....

7 and 8th grade. hmmmm....better you than me.

mary straton said...

Don't worry; I won't tell the twins that their photo didn't make the blog. They are getting "fixed" today, and they don't need any added stress.

Just think how many more literary minds you could cultivate now that you're teaching 2 classes of English.

Anonymous said...

i think you should start the first day speaking only in metaphors as you once spent one month of your life.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

I think you should tell them that Elvis is your dad on the first day. Command a little respect. Good luck!