Someone tell me, what does it mean my life is coming to when I get so excited I can barely sit still over.....pencils and folders?Yes, that's right...pencils and folders. Hundreds. Staples had a weeklong sale on these items, practically throwing them at the public for a penny each. And since they understandably put a limit on quantity for each customer, I went several times a day until the sale was over. Sometimes multiple transactions per visit. I'm sure they didn't notice. On the last day, they handed me a whole case of pencil boxes for $.12. Score.
If you'd told me three or four years ago that pencils and folders would light up my life, I'd have started crying. Not today. I have hit the jackpot. After the better part of a whole year with no supplies and 150 students with virtually no supplies either, I can't think of anything that could make my day brighter than a myriad of pencils and folders for under $5 (except getting an AL drivers license). So, I'm ready. Game on. All you 8th graders out there, bring it.
Addendum 1: I saw License to Wed tonight, and I have to say (sorry LT), I was disappointed. I love you John Krasinski, but this movie was a bit sub-par, to be sure. A little too much cheese, if you will. And I even like Mandy Moore. But really, all cheese aside, it just wasn't funny. I laughed harder at a guy on the back row who I heard say in a loud and funny voice, "Do you want an M&M?" during previews than I did at any part of the movie.
Addendum 2: I've been making fun of Diet Coke Plus for awhile now. Diet Coke with vitamins? If you're drinking Diet Coke all the time to begin with, are you really that concerned about getting all your nutrients? To me, Diet Coke Plus=Diet Coke Gay, and it is way over the line. But as the young Clifford exclaims while being slobbered over by Miss Sara Davis' mother at her anniversary party, WAAAAIIIIT!!! I tried it tonight for the first time, and it's actually good. I actually think I prefer it to regular Diet Coke (which, for me, for the record, has been replaced by Publix Cola). Vitamins or no vitamins, it really does taste better. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Until next time.
6 comments:
oh come on. the movie was entertaining even if it wasn't the best movie ever made. you analyze too much.
and diet coke plus is NOT good.
we are in disagreement with 2 major topics of this post. how are we even friends?
i like the smell of fresh/clean/crisp notebook paper.
Claire...what's wrong with you? I don't go to Wal Mart until Halloween so I can avoid the back to school supplies. Come on!!! Get over it!!!!Mrs. Sassafras
you are a real teacher now for sure.
I am going to try diet coke plus now and avoid Lisence to Wed like the plague.
Alabama let you have a drivers license?
I am so jealous that you were able to catch the Staples sale! Memphis does not have a Staples. I couldn't believe it!
Post a Comment