Ps--to the left you see the sheepish expression that appeared on my face when I discovered (thanks Anisa!) that I MISSPELLED "quotes" on one of my bulletin boards! What kind of English teacher misspells words on her own bulletin boards?? Last year I misspelled "remarkable" on the wall, also. Whew. It's good to catch these things BEFORE the curriculum director pays you a visit.
Moving on. Let's all welcome Murry Horn with a rousing chant and round of applause--she's FINALLY started a blog. I've been on her for so long about this, because her
life is far too comical not to be documented for all. Scenarios like pigeon poop on her nightgown, turantulas in her living room, pictures of the bull horn station wagon (piece of art on wheels), and stories of grilling out with neighbors (goat meat) are all too good not to share with the world. She lives in Alpine, Texas now, and I miss her dearly. First friend out of the womb. Severed wasps in Flight: How We Beat the Odds is the title of our joint bio, a coming of age novel chronicling the oddities of the two of us growing up in the same small town (a miracle in and of itself), and is hitting bookstores near you any day now.
life is far too comical not to be documented for all. Scenarios like pigeon poop on her nightgown, turantulas in her living room, pictures of the bull horn station wagon (piece of art on wheels), and stories of grilling out with neighbors (goat meat) are all too good not to share with the world. She lives in Alpine, Texas now, and I miss her dearly. First friend out of the womb. Severed wasps in Flight: How We Beat the Odds is the title of our joint bio, a coming of age novel chronicling the oddities of the two of us growing up in the same small town (a miracle in and of itself), and is hitting bookstores near you any day now.
5 comments:
you made it. yesssss. want to talk.
so proud for you. day one under your belt! I MISS YOU!!!
i am very proud of you.
I'd like to read this essay. Does "wasps" in the title refer to your and Mere's Aryan features?
hey claire,
you're too cute and funny. i'll be baaaaack to your blog often.
-alison (mcallister) wallin
I knew you would make it through Day 1 and you will make it through all the other days as well. I agree you are tougher than you look. You will have those kids eating out of your hand in no time.
Post a Comment