Sunday, August 5, 2007

Love ferns, old friends and live music

What a way to spend my last weekend of summer freedom! I got back yesterday afternoon from Starkville, where I went to see friends Seth and Laura Beth get married (Seth--college friend, LB--grad school roommate, good friend, Mere's cousin). The Robbins love fern, as I like to call it, has come to full fruition. I'm tempted to re-publish the engagement poem I wrote them back in December, but I'll spare you.

It was so much fun--LB was stunning, the wedding was beautiful, and getting to see and spend time with so many old friends was way too much fun.

















Saturday night, several Bham friends went to hear John Mayer, which was pretty great. I've always had an appreciation for JM, but I was never a huge fan until his last album, Continuum, came out. One of my favorite albums, of all artists, of all time. Strong statement, but it's true.

I've heard him in concert once before, years ago, and I remember thinking that several concert patrons were shockingly young. That time, I sat behind a girl not a day over eleven, who was singing along word for word to his song, "Your Body is a Wonderland." Seriously...I didn't go to a concert until I was 16 or 17--when I was 11, I was jamming out to the Pocahontas soundtrack.
Last night, I had about as much fun taking discreet pictures of interesting fans as I did hearing the music. Check out the little tyke on the bottom row, far left. He's standing in his chair so he can see to take pictures with his camera phone. Yes, you read correctly: camera phone. This kid has to be no older than 9, and A) he's at a John Mayer concert B) he has a camera phone. I don't even have a camera phone. He should be at home reading a bedtime story or playing with transformers.
Such a fun weekend...now back to school. Hope you all had a good one.
OH!! Before I forget---the picture in the previous post is in fact my head, but most definitely not my body. I did not actually order a modesty suit. My tankini suits me just fine. Apparently there was some misunderstanding in the blogging community, and some people thought that was me in the picture. Nope. The wonders of photoshop. Thanks to my friend Ivan. Just thought I'd clarify.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

i saw john friday night and it was amazing. but you know i love him. i might like him so much it's creepy.