Oh my gosh--it's here. Tomorrow morning I get my second shot at the first day of school--my nerves are as bad as they were last year, even though I'm worlds more prepared. I finally got my room finished (for the first week or so, anyway) after a little over two days to work on it. Better than the hour I had last year, right? Everytime I tell someone in the district where I've been transferred to, I get the same two responses..."Start praying IMMEDIATELY" or "I'm not sure where you transferred from, but I can guarantee this is rougher, so the sooner you wipe the smile off your face, the better."
Apparently with 8th graders the f
act that I'm so young looking is not going to work in my favor. I could've told you that, but they've got me pretty terrified. BUT if there's one thing I know for sure after one year, it's that I'm much tougher than I thought, but not nearly as tough as I need to be.
act that I'm so young looking is not going to work in my favor. I could've told you that, but they've got me pretty terrified. BUT if there's one thing I know for sure after one year, it's that I'm much tougher than I thought, but not nearly as tough as I need to be.But I don't know the students yet, and they don't know me. I say the sooner we get to know each other, the better. We'll all have some stereotypes to break, and we all need to know how to do that, right? 


9 comments:
you'll do great sweetie! you have such an amazing ministry opportunity on your hands!
just tell them that elvis is your dad. command some respect right away.
Hey, Claire...Paige Patterson here...I know, I know...it's been a really long time since we've spoken...years even. However, Anna Katherine sent me the link to her blog, and I noticed the link to yours on her site. I'm about to venture into the world of English teaching (10th grade), and I'm about as terrified as a person could be. I just wanted to tell you that I'll be sending up some prayers for you because I know how scary/excited you're feeling right now. :)
i'll be thinking about you tomorrow! please call me after school.
love you!
your room looks great by the way...
YESSSSSSSS! can't wait to hear your stories...
ps. my blog is now up and running. as promised.
your room looks great! the yellow is, uhh, cheerful! You will be great...saying a prayer right now!
PS - are you going to reward them with a britney spears dance again? I hope so.
okay, i'm going to be a debbie downer. your room looks FABULOUS, but you spelled "quotes" wrong on the "quotes we love" thing.
i feel like a biatch now, but i wanted to let you know. and it really looks awesome....you are going to do so great!
i love that you put up an M.J. quote. I just found out last week that he was a womanizing gambler, but i'm sure the kids will be inspired. LOVE YOU and I'm praying for you! Just channel Hillary Swank and you'll be fine. oh, and my mom says not to smile until Christmas.
Your room looks great!! By the time you get this you will have TWO big days behind you...I know you have done great and they love 'Mrs. Hardin' :)
Post a Comment