Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day of Bangs and I LOVE BARNES & NOBLE!!!!!!

The return of the bangs hasn't been so bad! Although I don't really look like Sara Groves, as was the plan, I'm happy with the results. So far. Here is the long awaited one-man shot:

Thank you to all who supported and advised me through this harrowing and life-altering decision.

I LOVE BARNES & NOBLE. Let me TELL you what they've done for me. It has rocked my world. Some time ago, my dad (unleash the monster) introduced me to the story of Jesse Leroy Brown, the first black Navy fighter pilot. He has a very cool story, by the way.

Anyway, I wanted my students to read his biography this year, but the books are hard to find, and they're $20 a pop. A few used/discounted copies are out there, but they're scattered all over the US and would require individual shipping fees. I needed 60. So I spoke with the manager at B & N about this about a month ago, and to my pleasant surprise, she took a strong interest in me and what I wanted to do with the book.

She spearheaded a book drive at Barnes & Noble to collect the books at no charge to me!! She found and ordered 60 new copies and set up a table in the middle of the store for customers to buy the books and donate them for my students! And in just four weeks, they were all donated. All of them. I'm astounded at that generosity.

Amazing.

So, Barnes & Noble has a special place in my heart. Everyone, buy your books from them. They rock.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! I'm very impressed with B&N!

And I love the new bangs!

The Texas VicHorns said...

I love this story Claire!!! Amazing. Barnes and Nobles has my support.

LT (and Max) said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!!
so glad you got bangs!!
i miss you.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm even going back to get them cut a little fuller today. What has gotten into me? I am NOT a hair risk-taker. This is out of character.

Anonymous said...

so great of barnes and noble!

LWolfe said...

that is awesome! yall should be on good morning america! love the bangs....they are much cooler than the bangs of my youth that cascaded down my forehead. i'll leave that picture to your imagination...add about 30 lbs. and you got it. they were permed(sp?) at one time too...just the bangs! my mother was evil.

Anonymous said...

wow. i love the bangies and B&N. Kell is getting a gift card for Val Day. Shhhh...

miss you like cow tales. piano man is playing on my itunes right now.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

wow, that was cool of B&N! and the bangs are totally hot