It's Saturday again, and I'm soaking it in. My roommates are all working today, and it's really cold outside, so I've decided to spend the whole day cleaning. Not just my house--I am going to fix my feet and hands. And let me tell you--that is no easy task. Since I've started teaching, my feet have taken the biggest hit of all. I do wear heels to work a good bit, so a lot of the damage is my own fault (I have to do what I can to look as old as I can in that place).
I leave you with a thought sent to me via email this morning by one James Entrekin:
based on the scriptural foundation that Christians are called to serve...
"the mainspring of [our] service is not love for men, but love for Jesus Christ. If we are devoted to the cause of humanity, we shall often meet with more ingratitude from men than we would from a [cat]; but if our motive is love to God, no ingratitude can hinder us from serving our fellow men. No matter how men may treat me, they will never treat me with the spite and hatred with which I treated Jesus Christ. When we realize that Jesus Christ has served us to the end of our meanness, our selfishness, and sin, nothing that we meet with from others can exhaust our determination to serve men for His sake."
2 comments:
claire. please don't start doing whatever heather tells you to do. just don't.
Oh Jimmy. I love that guy.
How did the manicure work out? I am on a mission for the Pedegg
Post a Comment