About a month ago, I discovered a blog that I can't stop reading. I just have to share it with my small readership. The first time I found it, I stayed up until 2 a.m. reading it and crying my eyes out. It's about a family in Nashville and their story of losing a newborn baby. My words can't do the story justice here -- you need to read it yourself.
You'll have to start at the beginning to get the whole story -- there's a link on the left sidebar to take you there. Make sure you have plenty of time and Kleenex. It really is so good. Crosspoint in Nashville interviewed this couple, Todd & Angie Smith, for a series in their church.
If you can get past the (very) cheesy guy with entirely too much hair product, you should really watch this video. It's a little over 20 minutes long, but completely worth it. I don't know if it got to me so much because I'd already read Angie's whole blog, but it was incredibly moving.
Smith Family Story from Matthew Singleton on Vimeo.
If you watch that video, you should really follow it up with this one. Todd sings in the group Selah, and he and Angie together wrote the song in this clip for their daughter, Audrey. It will be on their next album. Absolutely beautiful.
Angie's doing a Bible study this fall, which I really hope to be a part of. She is amazing. I really want to be friends with her -- if I lived in Nashville, I'd definitely sit on her front porch/stalk her until she was my friend. I'm not far away -- I still might.
Anyway, just a recommendation for a good blog read. It's worth your time to check it out.
Have a good Monday :)
1 comment:
I have been reading her blog, too! What an amazing family!
Post a Comment