This is why.I've had the same coffee maker since my sophomore year in college - in all its plastic, stained, rickety glory, it has served me well. And still does, actually. I had no intention of replacing it anytime soon.
But then, as I was meandering through a parking garage one Sunday afternoon, I came across a massive Macy's "garage sale" where tons of kitchen appliances were on sale for nearly nothing. Compared to original prices, anyway.
It didn't take me long to stumble across the life altering machine you see to the left. It was beckoning to me. Calling my name softly in the June breeze. And I couldn't resist.
I've never had that feature on a coffee maker where you can program it to both start brewing and shut off on its own at a certain time. I've waited on pins and needles to open up this brilliant appliance until after the move. Last night I did the test run, and this morning is the part that changed my life forever. I woke up to the smell of fresh coffee wafting into my bedroom from the kitchen.
"Someone's making coffee....wonder if they will let me have some...." I thought as I rolled over in the bed. I got up, put on my glasses and stumbled to the kitchen, where no one was making coffee. I remembered with glee that I now have a coffee maker that makes it FOR me! I think I did a little pirhouette across the kitchen.
It makes excellent coffee, too. If you are a coffee lover, this is definitely a worthy investment. I'm thinking of taking Old Faithful to my classroom in August. But then, I don't know that I'd ever stop drinking coffee during the day. Caffeine might replace blood in my veins, actually.
Anyway, just wanted to share my newfound love. Hope you're all having a good Tuesday!
3 comments:
someone gave us that exact same coffee maker for our wedding. i wish i knew how to use all the features. maybe you can teach me next time you're in town?vib
oh how I would LOVE to share a cup of coffee with you! I miss you! Also, next time we're together, you must teach me how to pirouette.
Do, did said pirouette match the glory of the one you used to interpret "Colors of the Wind"?
Post a Comment