Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dear Future 8th graders...

My students begin a letter this way during the last week of school, and reading them is always one of my favorite things...here are some of this year's classics...

"On the first day of school, you will wish you were never born."
Really? The first impression is that bad?
"You should be afraid if Miss Hardin starts talking about jumping out the window."
Yes. Yes, you should.
"On the first day of school you should know that Miss Hardin is crazy. You will probably love her, but she is outta her mind."
And THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is why I get along with and LOVE 14 yr olds so very much...

"You should be aware that if you get on Miss H's bad side she might throw you out a window. And it don't matter if she goes out with you, because she was in the circus. She will land on both feet. You won't."
I always knew I possessed cat-like reflexes in mind-blowing excess...

"Miss Hardin always says 'don't test my gangster' and...she means it."
Absolutely I do. Because white lady gangster is not a pretty sight to behold...

"You should enjoy every minute of Miss H making jokes. Some of them are good and some of them are BAD. If she does the flex, you will know what I mean."
I'm still not really sure what the flex is.

And my favorite...

"Here's something you may not realize on the first day of school...Miss Hardin is black."
I KNEW it!!!

1 comment:

Anna Little said...

Claire... this is absolutely hilarious. My mom is a teacher and I appreciate it all the more... LOVE IT!