...and so little time before 104 adolescents descend upon me, bright eyed and bushy tailed.Onward.
1. Awkward conversation at Wal-Mart last night that I can't not share with you. Why does some sort of ridiculousness ensue every time I buy a bottle of wine?
Me, at the self checkout machine: "Excuse me, could you please put in the approval code for me to buy this wine?"
Wal-Mart girl on machine duty: "Have you gone and broken my machine little girl?"
Me: "I don't think so. I think it just wants you to verify that I am of age."
WMGOMD: "Oh. Could I see your ID please?"
Me: "Sure - here you go."
WMGOMD: "I know JUST what I was doing in 1981."
Me: "Really? What's that?"
WMGOMD: "Teething."
Me: "You remember teething?"
WMGOMD: "I was born in 1979."
Me, a little confused: "Gotcha."
WMGOMD, after squiting at my ID again: "A lioness, I see!"
Me: "What?"
WMGOMD: "You're a Leo, like me."
And then...
She roared at me.
I just looked at her there for a minute, not really sure how to respond.
So she roared again.
And for the duration of our conversation, she continued to refer to me as either "Leo" or "Lioness."
I'm still mildly disturbed by this.
The gremlins have descended upon me, so I need to wrap this up here. But check back later...I've more to share with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment